Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2023 10:21 am  #1

Trying to send Active Route to NMEA2000

I am trying to send the Active Route to our Garmin Plotter.
On the receiving end the NMEA2000 log claims that the sentence PGN129285 has never been received.

I have made sure that the setting for the Digital Yacht Raw settings "send" side on the "Instrument" COM5 (the one assigned to IKonvert) is ticked on for PGN129185 Navigation - Route / WP Information.
Then I use the "Marks" -> "Instruments" (Send Marks to Instruments) send active route to Instruments: "Digital Yacht Raw on COM5" - however, nothing happens on the receiving side and Expedition software does not report any errors.

Hopefully I am doing something wrong...?

Our setup is:
IKonvert transfer of NMEA2000 data bi-directional to/from Expedition via virtual COM port mapped to USB.

br,
Soren

5/12/2023 6:30 am  #2

Re: Trying to send Active Route to NMEA2000

Hi - during a visit from Garmin (Jan S.) we discussed this -  believe you have received an email regarding this subject

5/12/2023 12:46 pm  #3

I haven't heard form Janne, but did some work with Janne several months ago (maybe last year) to better support this on Garmin.

Also make sure the PGN is enabled to be able to send in Exp.

5/18/2023 11:50 am  #4

Is there any way to send the active route to a B&G system.  I have an H5000 and Zeus displays.  Right now I export to SD card and import on the plotter.  Also when you say "PGN" is enabled, can you elaborate what this is.  

5/18/2023 12:11 pm  #5

NMEA 2000 PGN.

There are topics elsewhere on this forum about B&G. I think you need to use GPX as Zeus doesn't accept the relevant PGNs.

Board footera