Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/11/2023 12:30 am  #1

Polars not displaying

Hi - for some reason we have lost PollBsp%  - it just reads 0.0
We have BSP/TWA/TWD/TWS etc
It used to work so I have no idea why it has stopped, we have tried deleting the polar files and re-loading it and tried other polar files.
Any ideas?
Thanks
David

5/11/2023 9:18 am  #2

Re: Polars not displaying

Bandit wrote:

Hi - for some reason we have lost PollBsp%  - it just reads 0.0
We have BSP/TWA/TWD/TWS etc
It used to work so I have no idea why it has stopped, we have tried deleting the polar files and re-loading it and tried other polar files.
Any ideas?
Thanks
David

Are your polars loaded to perf as well as nav? Depending on where you currently have your polars saved you might find that they need reloading to perf every time you boot up. This has been happening to me for a while so I saved them to a new folder in programdata/expedition and all is now fine.

5/11/2023 12:13 pm  #3

Kite wrote:

Are your polars loaded to perf as well as nav? Depending on where you currently have your polars saved you might find that they need reloading to perf every time you boot up. This has been happening to me for a while so I saved them to a new folder in programdata/expedition and all is now fine.

That sounds as if you might not have had access to the previous polars.

5/12/2023 2:52 am  #4

I have from time to time the problem that the performance polar disappears. I reload the perf polar and it works again.
it never append to the navigation polar.

5/12/2023 4:14 am  #5

Hi  - thanks all  - I checked the "Perf" tab and there were no polars in it so I have loaded the boat polars to this and hope it will work tomorrow when we go for a sail. I'm not sure why it stopped working as I have never had issues with it in the past. Hopefully sorted now - many thanks

5/12/2023 3:23 pm  #6

Possibly Exp didn't have read access to the perf polar.

Board footera