Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/15/2022 10:01 am  #1

New mark name

Hi

I havé CPMAP 4D chart.
when I want to create a mark with a buoy or any other object, the mark name is the object type, for example « safe water buoy » or « lateral buoy » instead of the object name like « grande rade sud » or « Norfolk » or « nab tower »

so I have to rename ll marks manually, which is a bit painful.

regards 

philippe 

8/15/2022 3:54 pm  #2

Re: New mark name

I see that has been on the work-list for many years.

It has just been implemented and will be in the next update, hopefully today.

8/17/2022 2:04 am  #3

That would be great! Always thought this was a C'Map issue. Thanks from me too.

8/18/2022 10:57 pm  #4

It's in the new release 11.16.7, and it's works 

Thanks

1/25/2024 11:24 pm  #5

A "nice to have" feature here:

In the San Francisco Bay area, many government marks are assigned numbers for local racing.  For example, SF YRA refers to" HR" (Harding Rock) as "17" and "BR" (Blossom Rock) as "18" and so on. (see https://yra.org/descriptionofmarks/ ) It would be great if right click -> Create Mark would pop up the Mark Properties data entry panel (like Ping Mark does) so it would be a single step to modify if desired the name captured from the C-Map chart. Currently it's a 2 step process - create the mark, then go edit the mark to change it to the YRA name. Bonus points if the color and light characteristics were captured in the comments field but that might be difficult to parse consistently.

1/26/2024 2:03 am  #6

jubilant3958 wrote:

A "nice to have" feature here:

In the San Francisco Bay area, many government marks are assigned numbers for local racing.  For example, SF YRA refers to" HR" (Harding Rock) as "17" and "BR" (Blossom Rock) as "18" and so on. (see https://yra.org/descriptionofmarks/ ) It would be great if right click -> Create Mark would pop up the Mark Properties data entry panel (like Ping Mark does) so it would be a single step to modify if desired the name captured from the C-Map chart. Currently it's a 2 step process - create the mark, then go edit the mark to change it to the YRA name. Bonus points if the color and light characteristics were captured in the comments field but that might be difficult to parse consistently.

You could ask the YRA to publish the list as a GPX file.

Or create a csv file yourself, a copy/paste off that page and you could easily reformat.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

1/26/2024 2:21 am  #7

The YRA marks were published in a GPX you could import into Expedition...

It looks like they are still up to date:
https://github.com/nkiesel/YRA-Marks

1/26/2024 2:45 am  #8

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

1/27/2024 6:26 pm  #9

Have changed it to use the ENC OBJNAM.

1/31/2024 10:47 pm  #10

Thank you both!

Board footera