Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/15/2021 3:01 am  #11

Re: YB tracking downloads

bolt of light .... strip chart is obvious display tool

To help me further (I am not on the boat right now)

Do I just select a parameter like SOG and boat from AIS tracking list from drop down list on right side of drop down box?

This works for SOG

I don't see a bearing or range parameter ... what am I missing

Thanks for help

11/15/2021 3:06 am  #12

Select "Boat brg from 0" or "Boat rng from 0"

This will give you the range/bearing of boat X from your boat.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

11/15/2021 3:20 am  #13

Thanks for bread crumb trail through the wood .... now I know what to look for I found them and can use when in AIS tracking range

Back to my questions on analysing/presenting/displaying YBT data similarly when out of AIS range (Q5 and Q6)   .... can you help with this?

11/15/2021 3:26 am  #14

Ian W wrote:

Thanks for bread crumb trail through the wood .... now I know what to look for I found them and can use when in AIS tracking range

Back to my questions on analysing/presenting/displaying YBT data similarly when out of AIS range (Q5 and Q6)   .... can you help with this?

AFAIK there is no way to do this with the YB pos reports. The only work around that I can think of is to export reports from specific times and use excel to calculate change in range/bearing/dtf etc between reports. 

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

11/15/2021 4:00 am  #15

Expedition appears to have the information already calculated and is presented if you go Sail tab then tracking and select latest or older time ... there is COG DOG SOG VMC DMG  DIFF GAIN BRG RNG iSOG iCOG lat lon  ... for boats selected

Same data is available back in time at each YBT time step

So all I need is how to turn this into a time plot

Suggestions?  Can it be done via strip chart which would make sense?

11/15/2021 5:25 am  #16

Re Q1 ... I did what you suggested and can step through with weather controls but limited to 60minute step and nothing shorter?.
Ian,
Settings > Weather > Display > Animation Interval (min)
allows you to set the 'step' time
Ernie

11/15/2021 11:47 am  #17

Ah. yes, the range, bearing etc are in the window. There isn't a way to plot it sorry.

11/15/2021 1:58 pm  #18

Thanks for all the help so far as I really want to master all the tracking and race relative position options (AIS and YBT). Sticking to YBT

Ernie's guide gave me clue to allow stepping through on display the historic YBT positions in shorter time steps. Got this one.

I understand I can't time display range, bearing etc that is available in the window. Is there a way to export all the info and time steps is a CSV file so that we could use excel outside Expedition for time plot? 

There is an export button but only exports displayed time step as CSV. Could use this to export each time step and consolidate outside Expedition but would of course be quicker if we could export whole data file in one CSV

The raw YBT data is available is single file from YBT JSON but this does not have all the derived calcs on relative positions/differences/gains etc that Expedition nicely provides

11/15/2021 2:01 pm  #19

There was a Peter Isler video on the Expedition facebook page on the race tracking.

Will Oxley's ebooks and webinars will also talk about it. I do thoroughly recommend Will's ebooks to anyone.

11/15/2021 2:07 pm  #20

I have and use Wills books .... I will look for Peter Isler video

Is there an answer to my YBT Expedition info (range, gain etc) export question ?

Board footera