Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/30/2021 11:06 am  #1

No position or AIS data in Expedition connection after 11.8.6

Hello,

After updating to 11.8.6 I have lost position and AIS data on my on-deck tablet connected to the boat PC via an Expedition UDP connection. Data channels come through correctly but that is it. I can't find any relevant options that got switched. Boat PC has AIS and position data being received normally.

Hoping it's a simple fix or oversight on my side, does anyone has a similar issue?

Thank you,

3/30/2021 11:17 am  #2

Re: No position or AIS data in Expedition connection after 11.8.6

What is the instrument data type? If it is the Expedition format, that won't send AIS data.

3/30/2021 12:57 pm  #3

Thank you for the quick reply Nick,

Understood on the AIS, I Will try to set up a UDP broadcast from the AIS com port.

I am using an expedition data type UDP network connection, sending and receiving numeric channel data but no position data is being received by the tablet. I was getting position data when I tested it before updating. 

Is there a specific RX/TX channel selection needed to get it to pass position data via the Expedition data connection?

3/30/2021 3:30 pm  #4

Yes, you can tell Exp which data to send. Check that you have lat & lon selected

Board footera