Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/19/2020 9:31 am  #1

Clear start marks?

I have a couple of buttons at the helm on serial remote, to ping marks, advance waypoints etc. sometimes I screw Up and ping a start mark during a race. From then on we ‘drag’ the labels of burn time for the whole race. Is there a way clear them?

9/19/2020 9:57 am  #2

Re: Clear start marks?

rb,
From the pc you can right click and  'unlock' then right click and 'delete'
or from the Mark Management window right side select ;Start; and 'delete'

If you mean from your remote....sorry don't know.
Ernie

9/23/2020 10:27 pm  #3

@rbhun can you share som info on how to set up a serial remote sound very useful!

9/23/2020 10:34 pm  #4

See the Expedition Event topic under the Instruments section in the Expedition help.

9/24/2020 12:29 am  #5

@Frederik, you need an USB-serial (i happen to have a keyspan 4-port rs232 converter lying around) and there you can short pins you set up in Expedition under instruments.

I was thinking about making a more complex one, waterproof, where you can preprogram things. Would it be interest to the community?

9/24/2020 8:07 am  #6

Thanks @Nick and @rbhun -  
I just pulled an Arduino board I had in a different experiment from my boat. My laptop is on a wifi, but I’m thinking I could hook a few buttons up to the Arduino board and link a serial port to the main router with a wifi to serial module https://www.pusr.com/products/rs232/rs485-to-wifi-converters-usr-w610.html It would give me a simple platform to play around with. I think it could be useful to some of the starting features, for MOB, some mark handling as well as setting “tests” – a few buttons to keep Expedition up to date with the sails hoisted would simplify some of the post-race analysis. Obviously I can’t have buttons all over the boat but surely a few could be useful =) but i need to read up on the manual to see what is possible.

But I’d be interested in any thoughts and ideas around a magic box for gloves on stressed shorthanded racing =)

9/24/2020 8:13 am  #7

That’s very similar to what I thought I’ll do - except I was planning to emulate usb keystrokes. Since you can assign custom keys in Exp, that seemed a much more flexible approach. I have already started designing a waterproof 3D printed case.

Board footera