Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/25/2020 12:31 am  #1

Raymarine SeaTalk NG to expedition via actisense NGT-1 - wind missing

Hi
once and for all, i will now try to connect Expedition successfully to raymarine instruments; there are loads of boats with raymarine instruments up here in Norway, and i have to be able to connect sooner or later. 4 years of failing has to come to an end.

i have scrolled through your excellent forum to find answer to my question, but i find nothing that helps me solve this exactly.

the current victim is a boat with quite new instruments, so i assumed this should be a good starting point. i have raymarine instruments all the way
- i70 displays
- axiom pro 9s plotter
- seatlak - stng converter
- raymarine iTC5 converter
- acu-200 autopilot

so i plugged myself into the white seatalk NG plug in the rack with my newly acquired actisense NGT-1.
in expedition connections, i used the actisense-ngt-1 menu choice. (should i use something else?)
i got some signals, compass and gps, but no wind data. raw data window said wind data was sent.
notes:
- the baudrate set in expedition connection was different from the one dafault in the ngt-1 device manager. i tried to change to make them identical, both ways, didn't help.
- there were several racks with connectors, tried several, but there should be no difference? white connector is good.... no wiring diagram. looking at my pictures, i see i have a free white connection at the iTC5 converter...
 - latest driver installed "the device is working properly"

pictures in dropbox; https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j9yww59e9as6vs5/AAA17RkV9AqFuTYNR7fz8awfa?dl=0

so my question is; how do i solve this? possible? or not possible at all?

i will post the same question at the raymarine forum by the way.

best regards
silje

5/25/2020 3:30 am  #2

Re: Raymarine SeaTalk NG to expedition via actisense NGT-1 - wind missing

It may be that the Raymarine isn't sending TWD, TWA or TWS.

I see you have BSP and HDG. DO you have AWA and AWS?

If you go to the calculations options in Expedition (in the Instruments sub-menu), you can tell Exp to calculate them.

5/25/2021 4:07 am  #3

Was this problem ever resolved? I am having this exact problem with a brand new Raymarine Axiom Pro and Actisense NGT-1. Everything else works but not True Wind Direction or Speed. Apparent Wind angle and speed are available. I believe it is a Raymarine issue but looking for help.

5/25/2021 1:42 pm  #4

The Raymarine probably isn't sending true wind data. The solution is to tell Expedition to calculate them.

Board footera