Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/05/2019 12:24 pm  #1

Sail changes

What is the best way to keep track of sail changes and is there any way for it to show up on the log files?

I understand the sail chart and love how it works with route optimization and how it marks on the the sail chart the ideal sail for the current conditions.  However, that's not alway that sail that you are on.  I know that I can keep notes of what sail we are changing to, but it would be helpful when we go back to the log files to have that data there?

Any suggestions?  or would this be a reasonable enhancement request (of course only if it does not already exist).

Thank you for the help,

Jason

2/05/2019 12:31 pm  #2

Re: Sail changes

Have you seen Events on the Sail ribbon?

2/06/2019 5:42 am  #3

That's it...  Thank you Nick.  Will this show up on the log files?  Or just on the Event database that it creates? As always, I appreciate the help.

4/26/2019 8:15 am  #4

similar question--is there a way to get the sail to show up on the leg table ("results" on optimize tab). IE along with target TWA, course, etc, show what sail expedition thinks you're going to use for that leg?

4/26/2019 2:28 pm  #5

Yes, it should be in the table if you have a sail chart loaded.

Board footera