Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/17/2023 10:01 am  #11

Re: Hanging/crashing when panning maps or zooming

It will be an issue in the C-Map charting.

There is an option to disable the chart area in My maps.

Have you tried the two steps in the previous post?

Last edited by Nick (10/17/2023 10:09 am)

10/29/2023 5:05 am  #12

HI Nick.
Similar issue here. When moving from c-mapNT

Try to load C-map 4D charts AU-DU260 Robe to Batemans Bay instant hang.
I've tried a full system restore deleted all the old NT charts I can find. Removed and re-downloaded the 4D charts. I've even removed D303 and just tried to load the ENC worldchart. Still hangs. (Well ENC loads but will not zoon zoom or pan) Nothing seems to work. Any ideas expedition people?

Panasonic CF-31
Intel graphics 5500
Open GL 4.4
Expedition v11.19.23
C-map 2.30.2.

Last edited by tim_fowler (10/29/2023 5:08 am)

10/29/2023 12:56 pm  #13

You may have it in follow boat mode.

You can also try the Expedition System retsore app if it really is broken. Note that you can back up the setttings from the menuy at the top left.

10/30/2023 2:40 am  #14

Hi Nick,I think this may be the issue. auto chart and follow were both switched on.
I can switch off/change follow to pan, save setting and exit (still no maps but progress) restart ex and that has registered. The second I try to disable auto chart it hangs and dies. Then it goes into a cycles where every time I try to launch ex it just dies before the c-map screen. Once in awhile it loads switch off autochart, save settings try to exit and again hangs.

What do you think? just nuke it from orbit (kinda not want to do that as I spent the last weekend getting the Garmin jumbos, raymarine and expedition all playing along nicely...) It was all working untill c-map 4D entered the picture.
with thanks Tim

Edit; yes I have removed/disabled all the 4d charts and redownloaded.
Edit 2: Off a fresh install I can now get the ENC world chart to load and the D303 to work. Again the second I enable a new downloaded 4d chart it dies. Noticed that it seems to be with the autochart. I switch autochart off, save settings. Enable the 4Dchart and its switched back on. Is that a c-map thing? Is there a setting to permanently switch off/disable autochart. At least till I get this working?

Last edited by tim_fowler (10/30/2023 3:53 am)

10/30/2023 9:58 am  #15

Yes, you can't pan with follow boat selected ... for obvious reasons.

It is hard to know from the description, but it sounds like a 4D issue. There are regular problems with bad downloads that make it crash.

You can also try the Expedition System restore app if it really is broken. Note that you can back up the setttings from the menuy at the top left.

Last edited by Nick (10/30/2023 9:59 am)

Board footera