Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/31/2023 12:17 am  #1

Expedition crashes every time when connected to Websocket H5000

Hi all,

My Expedition crashes (ie. without notification shuts itself down - no settings saved) every time after a few seconds (10-30s) when I connect it to my H5000 websocket. Connection is via wifi; it has worked in the past but since upgrading to a new version of Expedition it started crashing. I am now on version 11.19.21 4D.
Very annoying since I can not navigate, track or send user channels to the systems now. We've got a big race in two weeks so like to get this sorted

H5000 is up to date. I am sending 4 user channels, and receiving AIS back (which also doesn't work - never did - but that is of minor importance). When I connect it shows the data in the number boxes. But as said after a few seconds Expedition just shuts down..

Please help!
Many thanks!
Tim

7/31/2023 12:17 pm  #2

Re: Expedition crashes every time when connected to Websocket H5000

The easy part - H5000 doesn't send AIS targets, so just deselect that option.

It might be worth trying the Expedition System Restore app. Startwith Display states.

Note that you can back up settings on the menu at the top left first.

8/04/2023 12:40 am  #3

Thank you Nick,

Any other tips and options I could try? Next time on board will be two days before the race. Including prepping the boat and training, I don't have much time.. So having a list of everything I can try to fix this would be very beneficial.

Many thanks for your support!
Tim

9/18/2023 11:09 pm  #4

Hello,

I am a  it clueless on how to restóre backed up settings. Any pointers appreciated.

9/20/2023 10:59 pm  #5

If you Export settings, simply click on the *.reg file to restore them.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

10/04/2023 6:09 am  #6

Hello Campbell, sorry for my (very) late reply. I should have been more specific, because I knew how to restore the registry settings. But how does one retrieve the instument settings, my own mmsi etc? Where is that stored?

10/08/2023 8:09 am  #7

NoRay wrote:

Hello Campbell, sorry for my (very) late reply. I should have been more specific, because I knew how to restore the registry settings. But how does one retrieve the instument settings, my own mmsi etc? Where is that stored?

And apologies for mine.

I guess these parameters need to be extended in Save User Configuration. A request to Nick.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

10/09/2023 2:48 pm  #8

Thanks.

Board footera