Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/24/2023 10:08 am  #1

Polar boxes not working

Hi  - I know there have been previous posts on this but I am struggling with our polar boxes not populating.  They just have a -- in the box. The performance polars are loaded.  I have also tried other boat polars to no avail. They also don't populate in Ventus.  The navigation polars are working, we can optimize a route and that works. 

Per a 2019 post here, I deleted the Expedition registry keys, and reloaded the polars but that did not make any difference. 

Other ideas?  It worked at one time, then we moved to a new computer and it stopped then.

8/24/2023 12:28 pm  #2

Re: Polar boxes not working

Do you mean Polar bsp %?

Mke sure you have bsp, twa and tws. You also need polars loaded.

8/24/2023 5:26 pm  #3

Just for grins, make sure the polar is still loaded in the Perf tab of the polars..Recently I thought I had Perf polar loaded but when I checked it was empty.  Don't know if it was an upgrage in there or what??
Ernie

8/25/2023 12:58 pm  #4

The issue was that I was not receiving TWS & TWA from the instruments (and I thought I was).  Once I marked the calculate TWS/TWA setting, the polars worked. 

Thank you Nick!

Board footera