Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/14/2023 4:32 am  #1

Weather Data Issues

Hi All,

I cannot 'check' (tick) recently downloaded grib files, so they do not appear on my charts or are used in route optimisation. If I re-open old gribs (from the local grib folder I can select and deselect these without issue, but not with recent (today) downloads.

I have checked and I have the lasted Exp version which was working fine end of last week.Nothing else obvious...

Anyone else seeing this and does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

8/14/2023 5:36 am  #2

Re: Weather Data Issues

Seems OK here
I've been using GFS and HRRR through Exp
E

8/14/2023 5:44 am  #3

Thanks Ernie,

Just tried GFS alone. I select the area, select the GFS model, download and it appears in the weather data list (under Wx data settings) but is unchecked / unticked. I can check / tick it and click ok, but nothing happens and checking again is is back to unchecked / unticked...

I selected a previously downloaded grib file from beginning of August and I this works fine.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I am pretty sure it's exactly what I have always done - and I can't think of any settings that I have changed that may lead to this.

8/14/2023 5:51 am  #4

whats the area,
I'll try it here

8/14/2023 5:55 am  #5

Irish Sea inc. IoM...

Thanks for the help!

8/14/2023 6:15 am  #6

I can't make it fail maybe a server problem between there and NOAA
If you really need something I can email you
Ernie

8/14/2023 6:30 am  #7

Hi Ernie,

Nothing urgent, I am just wondering what has happened and how to fix it! Thanks agains for the help 

I have 3 recently (today, 14th Aug) downloaded my normal three grib files. I have also added three back from the 11th August from the local grib folder (via the 'Add file' button) - see image below. The three old ones are ticked, the new ones not. Clicking the boxes to the left of the 3 new files (dated today) a 'tick' appears. Clicking on the currently ticked boxes and it clears the tick. All good so far! However after I click 'ok' the weather disappears from the charts and when I come back into the Wx data settings the three new are still unticked and so are the three from 11th Aug. Re-ticking the 11th Aug and clicking ok and the weather re-appears, but this does not work for the files downloaded today. These stubbornly refuse to remain ticked!

I'm very confused! I checked again that I have the latest version of Exp, exited, rebooted, relaunched etc. All with the same result.

=11pt

If anything else comes to mind that I can check then please let me know!

Thanks again

8/14/2023 6:38 am  #8

When ever I've seen that it is because the grib files are not valid.

8/14/2023 6:50 am  #9

I have to go out for a bit...
Could it be that the two files have conflicting data for the same date and location?
more later
E

8/14/2023 12:10 pm  #10

Yes, that is correct. 

If Exp can't read the grib file, it de-selected them.

It seems there may be an issue on the grib server. Will investigate ...

Last edited by Nick (8/14/2023 12:12 pm)

Board footera