Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/17/2015 5:55 am  #1

Motoring and/or motorsailing

On the Optimal Routing Advanced Settings page there's a section called "Motoring" that is greyed out.

Any idea of when this feature will be active?

This is a feature that is very important for me so it would be great to see it working... I've tried one of Campbell's workarounds of building a new polar file with all the boatspeeds modified to indicate motoring speed when it's below a certain speed, but it is not working as well as it should.

For this reason I use Squid for all my weather routing because the motorsailing function works perfectly, much better than the workaround.

I hope this feature gets added soon.

Bill

Last edited by billreilly (9/17/2015 5:56 am)

9/17/2015 8:04 am  #2

Re: Motoring and/or motorsailing

Basic, update your version (free). Then try it.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

9/17/2015 8:22 am  #3

Campbell_Field wrote:

Basic, update your version (free). Then try it.

Thanks Campbell!... I didn't know there was a new version and that this feature was now active... It should make Expedition much more usable for cruisers and deliveries (of course I should try it and make sure it works first!).

Thanks again,

Basic

9/26/2015 4:44 am  #4

I have just done a windless China Sea crossing and used the motoring routing ( along great circle route) but although the results gave large sectors of motoring, it appeared that the routing only used the boatspeed as if I was sailing. Hence I was always ahead of where routing expected me to be. I may not have had all the settings correct maybe. But I would have thought the boatspeed in the results should have been the minimum motorong speed entered.

9/27/2015 11:21 pm  #5

Hello,

Thanks for pointing that out. Am just posting an update that includes presenting this correctly.

Nick

Board footera