Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/02/2023 8:52 pm  #1

Boat Speed understated (BSP)

In Expedition the BSP is understated by about 20%. I have B&G Triton displays and the BSP is correctly displayed on these. The speed log has been calibrated with a factor of 1.20. It seems that Expedition is using the raw data from the speed log which gives a lower speed. Is it possible to put this adjustment factor into Expedition as I cannot find a feed with the corrected BSP coming from the network. I have tried using the calibration table in Expedition but that just adds an amount rather than a percentage. Any ideas?

2/06/2023 11:59 pm  #2

Re: Boat Speed understated (BSP)

Been a while since I was connected to Triton. Assuming you are connected via N2k, what have you selected as source for Bsp in Instruments?

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

2/07/2023 2:00 pm  #3

Campbell_Field wrote:

Been a while since I was connected to Triton. Assuming you are connected via N2k, what have you selected as source for Bsp in Instruments?

Expedition is connected via wi-fi via a Yacht Devices wi-fi gateway. I presume it gets the Bsp straight from the speed log before any calibration.

2/07/2023 6:54 pm  #4

That could be NMEA 0183 or 2000. With 2000, you can select the bsp source or let it use any or all.

It is possible the Triton just does cal corrections on the display, in which case selectedinh the source wouldn't matter. 

Either way, you can calibrate it in Exp using the bsp cal table.

2/07/2023 7:14 pm  #5

Nick wrote:

Either way, you can calibrate it in Exp using the bsp cal table.

Nick, I looked at that but I could only adjust it for heel. How do I set it to add 20% across the whole range?

2/07/2023 7:54 pm  #6

The default just has one row, so has no heel/roll dependence.

Just add 20% to each value.

2/09/2023 11:55 pm  #7

Do you think this will work?

2/19/2023 8:18 pm  #8

Just to let you know, this table worked perfectly and Expedition matched the Triton displays. Thanks for your help.

Board footera