Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/27/2022 12:45 pm  #1

Import route gpx file

I want to copy a route from a backup laptop to the nav station laptop with a USB thumb drive.
In the Marks window I can export to a gpx file. (ok, I can see the file in the thumb drive as a .gpx file)
Then I can Import the gpx file from the thumb drive into the "Default mark folder". The file lands in c://Prog Data/Exp/config_user ok.

How do I load the gpx file into the Routes - Marks 'window'? 

Thanks!

10/27/2022 12:49 pm  #2

Re: Import route gpx file

Import on the Marks ribbon.

You can also just copy the marks database.

10/27/2022 1:17 pm  #3

Thanks but I did not ask the right question:
If I import the gpx file on the marks ribbon it lands in the "Default mark folder" ( a confirmation window appears). OK so far...
I was expecting the imported route to appear in the mark management window (Edit marks ribbon).
How do I get it there so I can edit the route??
Thank you

10/27/2022 2:56 pm  #4

That will just export the marks.

Try exporting from the Marks ribbon.

Last edited by Nick (10/27/2022 4:53 pm)

10/27/2022 9:01 pm  #5

Now I am confused.
please advise how to import a route from one laptop to another
thank you

10/28/2022 1:07 am  #6

If you are moving from one laptop to the other both running Expedition - I find copying the mark database is the easiest solution to keep two computers in sync.

10/28/2022 10:58 am  #7

If you want to export the route as well, you need to use the export option on the marks ribbon or the gpx button on the left of marks management.

The option in the marks section of mark management only exports marks.

... or copy the marks database file.

Last edited by Nick (10/28/2022 12:16 pm)

12/31/2022 6:47 am  #8

Howdy --
A question related to this thread. 

I have been able to load a .gpx file of a recent passage into Expedition, but I'd like to be able to 'play back' the route as a function of time with the GRIB files for each time step.  I have the historical GRIB files and they play back just fine, but the gpx track remains static at the finish time of the track.

If there is a way to do this track animation in Expedition, can somebody give me some clues please?

Cheers,
Mark

Board footera