Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/05/2018 12:56 am  #1

Optimal-Fleet

Hi,
I am using version 10.9.11.   I found the menu item "Fleet" on the "Optimal" menu.  When I select this option nothing happens.  I have a number of boats set up under "Sail-Boats" with a link to their polars.

The documentation says "boats in the fleet that are drawn on the chart at the last race tracking time for the reference boat"; what does this mean?

Does this option let you create routes for multiple boats?

Glenn

12/05/2018 11:44 am  #2

Re: Optimal-Fleet

If you're tracking boats (e.g. via YellowBrick) you can route those boats based on their latest position report.  This gives you an indication which route those boats are likely to choose based on their polar and assuming they use the same grib as you do.

12/06/2018 12:08 am  #3

What I was hoping to do was to be able to optimise a number of boat for the Syd-Hob race.  In the past I have loaded the polars individually and then optimised.  Is it possible to optimise multiple boats for an up coming race in a simple process.

12/06/2018 12:46 pm  #4

You can use the fleet routing function for that - just manually set a position report at Sydney heads for each.

11/21/2022 10:06 am  #5

Working on a fleet analysis.  Forgive my ignorance, but how do we set a manual position for the boats in the fleet?  Trying to derive a proper wind matrix for ORR ratings.

Michael

11/21/2022 1:09 pm  #6

Michael
I do something similar but not exactly so maybe this will work for you
Try this:
Sail>RaceTracking>Tracking>Manual

Ernie

11/21/2022 1:10 pm  #7

Hi Ernie

Great.  I had JUST stumbled across that in the manual.  Now all I have to do is persuade the system that I really do want an optimized course for the boats!

Michael

Board footera