Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/24/2016 10:56 am  #1

Optimised routes results are lost when closing program?

Not sure I'm just missing an option or something else.  But after I've downloaded wind, currents etc and optimize a given route, the different routes show up on the results page.  If I log out of expedition and save everything, the next time I go in, the results are gone?  

Is this normal?  expected?

I am doing some race planning and would like to see the how the routes change over time, but because everything is cleared out every time I close the program, I can't do that.

Thanks
Steve

5/24/2016 12:53 pm  #2

Re: Optimised routes results are lost when closing program?

There is an option to save them in the optimal settings

5/24/2016 2:15 pm  #3

Ok, tried that, but it saves the data as an external file.  How can I then bring that file it back into  Expedition and compare to the latest?
If i leave the program open for days, I can compare different days, but not if I close it.  Or it looks like I have to select different GRIB files and change the start times to match in order to look at routes from different days?  I also don't like the option of saving the route into the mark database because I don't think you can have different routes active at the same time, can you?

Maybe a enhancement?
Thanks

5/25/2016 8:45 am  #4

It does save them if you select 'Load previous optimal paths at startup' in Settings. You also have to have a high enough number of 'Optimised courses to keep' in the right hand pane.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

5/25/2016 9:38 am  #5

Campbell,
Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Board footera