Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/27/2022 5:08 am  #1

Network connectivity with Iridium GO

Maybe you can just confirm my problems, but a solution would be great!  To download weather off shore I need to:
1. Disconnect my B&G Ethernet Connection
2. Typically Restart the laptop
3. Connect to Iridium WiFi 
  3a. Pray to the Lord of Marine Electronics
4. (3a doesn't work) I have to disconnect and reconnect wifi or restart the GO.

Is it just my setup? is there a workaround? 

6/27/2022 5:56 am  #2

Re: Network connectivity with Iridium GO

It was a bit quirky for me as well see my comments in Quick Guides section
Ernie

6/27/2022 2:08 pm  #3

You shouldn't have to disconnect the B&G.

It may be required to specify the actual IP address of the GO. See the Exp help.

6/28/2022 4:13 am  #4

Nick wrote:

You shouldn't have to disconnect the B&G.

It may be required to specify the actual IP address of the GO. See the Exp help.

Oh geeze I missed the revision that added GO support, I knew you were working on it.  Something else to play with for next time! 

9/29/2022 6:02 pm  #5

I am having an issue getting B&G data into Expedition,  the B&G (Zeus3 ) has a static IP on the boat LAN, and in network connection in Expedtion i am using that IP and port 10110 but get no Raw data,
if i use the same settings in putty terminal emulator  on the same PC , the data from the B&G comes through correctly
with in the Expedition settings it was set on UDP , but have also tried the other tcp/udp options with no difference
I have also run Expedition as Admin with no change.

My first question is that I assume that even if Expedition can not parse the data it would still display in the raw connect window, if it was receiving any data, is that correct ?
any help understanding the difference between Expedition and Putty results will be greatly appreciated

9/29/2022 8:39 pm  #6

Yes, if you have a connection, you should see data in the raw data window.

Also, make sure you select the correct instrument type.

9/30/2022 9:29 am  #7

jwhitfeld wrote:

I am having an issue getting B&G data into Expedition, the B&G (Zeus3 ) has a static IP on the boat LAN, and in network connection in Expedtion i am using that IP and port 10110 but get no Raw data,
if i use the same settings in putty terminal emulator on the same PC , the data from the B&G comes through correctly
with in the Expedition settings it was set on UDP , but have also tried the other tcp/udp options with no difference
I have also run Expedition as Admin with no change.

My first question is that I assume that even if Expedition can not parse the data it would still display in the raw connect window, if it was receiving any data, is that correct ?
any help understanding the difference between Expedition and Putty results will be greatly appreciated

Maybe start a new thread?

Board footera