ExpeditionExpedition Navigation Software


Click Here for Expedition Assistant - AI Chatbot

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/27/2022 5:08 am  #1


Network connectivity with Iridium GO

Maybe you can just confirm my problems, but a solution would be great!  To download weather off shore I need to:
1. Disconnect my B&G Ethernet Connection
2. Typically Restart the laptop
3. Connect to Iridium WiFi 
  3a. Pray to the Lord of Marine Electronics
4. (3a doesn't work) I have to disconnect and reconnect wifi or restart the GO.

Is it just my setup? is there a workaround? 

 

6/27/2022 5:56 am  #2


Re: Network connectivity with Iridium GO

It was a bit quirky for me as well see my comments in Quick Guides section
Ernie
 

 

6/27/2022 2:08 pm  #3


Re: Network connectivity with Iridium GO

You shouldn't have to disconnect the B&G.

It may be required to specify the actual IP address of the GO. See the Exp help.

 

6/28/2022 4:13 am  #4


Re: Network connectivity with Iridium GO

Nick wrote:

You shouldn't have to disconnect the B&G.

It may be required to specify the actual IP address of the GO. See the Exp help.

Oh geeze I missed the revision that added GO support, I knew you were working on it.  Something else to play with for next time! 

     •Thread Starter
 

9/29/2022 6:02 pm  #5


Re: Network connectivity with Iridium GO

I am having an issue getting B&G data into Expedition,  the B&G (Zeus3 ) has a static IP on the boat LAN, and in network connection in Expedtion i am using that IP and port 10110 but get no Raw data,
if i use the same settings in putty terminal emulator  on the same PC , the data from the B&G comes through correctly
with in the Expedition settings it was set on UDP , but have also tried the other tcp/udp options with no difference
I have also run Expedition as Admin with no change.

My first question is that I assume that even if Expedition can not parse the data it would still display in the raw connect window, if it was receiving any data, is that correct ?
any help understanding the difference between Expedition and Putty results will be greatly appreciated

 

9/29/2022 8:39 pm  #6


Re: Network connectivity with Iridium GO

Yes, if you have a connection, you should see data in the raw data window.

Also, make sure you select the correct instrument type.

 

9/30/2022 9:29 am  #7


Re: Network connectivity with Iridium GO

jwhitfeld wrote:

I am having an issue getting B&G data into Expedition, the B&G (Zeus3 ) has a static IP on the boat LAN, and in network connection in Expedtion i am using that IP and port 10110 but get no Raw data,
if i use the same settings in putty terminal emulator on the same PC , the data from the B&G comes through correctly
with in the Expedition settings it was set on UDP , but have also tried the other tcp/udp options with no difference
I have also run Expedition as Admin with no change.

My first question is that I assume that even if Expedition can not parse the data it would still display in the raw connect window, if it was receiving any data, is that correct ?
any help understanding the difference between Expedition and Putty results will be greatly appreciated

Maybe start a new thread?

 

Board footera




Check out RaceData for iOS and Android. Expedition data in the palm of your hand, or on your wrist! RaceData

Interested in advertising here? Over one thousand active navigators and Expedition users visit this forum. Click here to contact the administrator.