Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/21/2022 12:14 pm  #1

Actisense W2K-1 .ebl Log files

I am a complete toddler here in Expedition. In the middle of the North U course, but have a question related to the Actisense W2K-1 wifi bridge and data logger. 
I’ve been using the log data by downloading it and dropping it into SailNjord back at home for analysis and building polars and a sail chart. I’ve decided that if I’m doing all this, I may as well learn Expedition and use the better polar and sail chart tools that are part of Exp. 

The snag I have hit is that the logger produces a new 5mb log file every 20 minutes in .ebl file type, and expedition just wants to load one file at a time, and certainly not an .ebl file nor 95 .ebl files all at once. 

I’m looking for a workflow to convert and combine multiple .ebl files into 1 .csv file that  Exp will read correctly. The folks at Actisense have pointed me in the right direction (see below). Perhaps I can find a way to automate the joining of files before converting to a format that Exp will appreciate.

Best,
Blaine

----

Here is the info I just got back from the very helpful team over at Actisense:  

Good Morning, 
We don't have a simple way of joining the files, but they can be joined in a text editor like Notepad by cutting and pasting and this works pretty well.
You just need to rename the file .EBL from the default .txt and EBL reader will open it fine. Failing that you could also export an EBL file as a CSV and create a larger excel s/s as well. 

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the type of log file Expedition supports, could you please let me know? 

Best Regards,
Steve -----
Actisense

9/21/2022 12:34 pm  #2

Re: Actisense W2K-1 .ebl Log files

If you can concatenate the ebl files, you could use the DOS copy command

copy /b *.ebl new.txt

Then rename new.txt to new.ebl (else, the copy command can copy the new file too).

You can also do it like this, which may be better

copy /b file1.ebl file2.ebl file3.ebl newfile.ebl

9/21/2022 12:40 pm  #3

Re: Actisense W2K-1 .ebl Log files

I will learn how to do that, thanks Nick!

Board footera