Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/23/2016 10:22 am  #1

Expedition not picking up licensed C-Map Charts

Hi,
I've had Expedition working with C-Map charts fine. A while ago, the chart disappeared, and I thought that I may need to reconnect it to the disk drive I installed with. However, this didn't work.

The chart appears in the NT Selector fine, including the chart code. However in the "C-Map" display in Expedition, only the Background cartridge appears.

By now, I've deleted and re-added the chart a number of times, changed the destination folder (which Expedition sees fine), changed permissions on that folder to Everyone/Full Control etc.
In NT Selector, I can see DB v. 37.0 (04 Mar 2014) Client: Expedition (Max) and C-Map HID

Previously I had v. 34 but the issue was the same. I've also updated Expediton to the latest version, again with no change.

Would anyone have any suggestion on what I might try to get this fixed, or any question that may drill further into the problem?

Thanks
Stefan

5/23/2016 12:42 pm  #2

Re: Expedition not picking up licensed C-Map Charts

Any change to the computer or Windows?​

Dongle?

If no dongle, it is probably a C-Map key issue. Yes - NT Selector still says it is installed ok even if the key is no good.

Last edited by Nick (5/23/2016 12:42 pm)

5/24/2016 1:17 am  #3

Re: Expedition not picking up licensed C-Map Charts

Hi,
this has been entirely my fault. I've had a Lenovo technician repair my notebook, and I think he changed the main board.
I've just contacted eu-orders@jeppesen.com and explained the problem, and they have helped me with a crash recovery. It's now working again.

What I didn't know is that although NT Selector may say the license is valid, it isn't necessarily true...

Thanks Nick! Sorry to have taken your time with this.
Stefan

Board footera