Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/13/2022 12:57 pm  #1

Ensemble Weather Analysis (Analyzing Different Runs of Same Model)

Say you want to compare the 00z and 18z GFS run.  Can you use the ensemble weather analysis to do this?  Colorize the barbs from the different runs in different colors.  Same process as comparing two models.

When I tick the box of two of the same models in wx settings, only one comes up in the ensemble display settings.  Seems like this could be a function of naming.  Is there a workaround.  

7/13/2022 2:30 pm  #2

Re: Ensemble Weather Analysis (Analyzing Different Runs of Same Model)

The only way to would be to run each separately.

7/13/2022 2:36 pm  #3

Thanks for the quick reply, Nick.  What I am enquiring about is viewing the GRIB data not comparing optimum runs.  I often use the Ensemble function to compare GFS and ECMWF, for example.  Can I use the same function to compare GFS runs from different H0s?

I think the obstacle is in how the Ensemble Display Settings (and to a similar extent Model Selection Drop Down in the Weather Tab) deduplicate when you have multiple runs of the same model selected in the Weather Data Settings page.

Hopefully that cleraifies.  Thanks in advance as always.  

7/13/2022 5:48 pm  #4

You can't as they are coded as the same model.

Board footera