Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/07/2022 3:54 am  #1

Update C-Map Charts

Hello all,

I received a warning from Expedition that my maps are out of date. I updated the maps in the C-Map store. However, at no time did the option to download appear. So how do I play the updated maps in Expedition?

Cheers 
Yannek

6/07/2022 5:51 am  #2

Re: Update C-Map Charts

Have you opened CMap map manager? It is a web app running on your local system.
It should allow you to update your maps. !!Don't update the enhanced base map!!

7/06/2022 5:37 am  #3

Yannek

did you ever resolve this issue?  I'm havingthe same problem.  Expedition says the CMAP charts are out of date, but the CMAP Map manager says they are fine.  I have reinstalled the Map Manager also, but still see the same issue.

f.

7/06/2022 6:19 am  #4

Hello, I had this problem a few weeks ago so dropped C-Map a line. They manually added the update to my account and I managed to download it fine.
Hope that helps.

7/06/2022 8:08 am  #5

I deleted all the charts, and then map manger.

Then re-installed map manager and re-downloaded my charts.

That worked just fine.

I think I had to delete the charts first and then maps manager was in 2 places > program files and program data from memory.

7/06/2022 3:08 pm  #6

Helping out a fellow Expedition user with a similar issue that is apparently tied to CMAP charts.

Expedition 4D
Maps Manager is installed
Newly procured (and installed) CMAP4D charts of Ireland
Booting expedition first flags a license issue (inserting provided license.xml into data folder does resolve) 
Spinning circle (expedition not responding).
Apologies for asking for RAPID support, but the fellow expedition user I am helping---is getting departing soon.  Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated, to include fellow users...
Thanks is advance,
Shane

7/06/2022 4:21 pm  #7

Resolved.

Root cause:  Note sure

Fix: 
1. Completely removed all remnants (well beyond uninstall) of maps manager and expedition
2. Reinstall Exp 4D and Maps manager and confirm proper operation of baseline system---check
3. Use maps manager to download fresh CMAP 4D charts-confirm proper operation of CMAP loaded charts---check

My hunch is that the "WWD303" basemap was also installed, which may have caused issues...all good now.

Note to Nick and all---I will be posting in forum on the success stories as there was incredible ease of use the Iridium GO interface for me in recent NB race.  Weather and YB dloads have NEVER been this easy or reliable..KUDOS!

Take care,
Shane

7/06/2022 5:53 pm  #8

Thans Shane. 

Normally the WWD303 error causes an even worse error, but there are regular issues with something going wrong with 4D downloads.

1/22/2023 10:41 am  #9

Hello All,
my c-map 4D charts are not displayed after Expedition update. The c-map charts are local on the pc and since a year has passed, I can't get them from the c-map cloud anymore.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks Florian

1/22/2023 12:50 pm  #10

It might be worth reinstalling/repairing the C-map Map manager, else you may need to update your charts.

Board footera