ExpeditionExpedition Navigation Software


Click Here for Expedition Assistant - AI Chatbot

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/27/2022 7:47 pm  #1


Scaling Winds and/or TWS% optimization not working

When I go to Weather - Settings and scale 10m wind speed and then run an optimal route it has no effect on the route or the time that the route takes.  Also, if I click on the T% optimization all of the routes are exactly the same.  I did find that if I just adjust the wind speed for a specific model in Weather - Settings that it does change the route, but why aren't the other two options working?  

I've definitely seen the T% work before, but not now.  I closed Expedition and redid everything.  No change. 

 

6/27/2022 7:52 pm  #2


Re: Scaling Winds and/or TWS% optimization not working

It seems to work as expected here.

Do you have 'Use per model wind scaling' selected?

 

6/28/2022 5:03 pm  #3


Re: Scaling Winds and/or TWS% optimization not working

I didn't have that selected when I just changed the scaling of the 10m wind speed.  I assumed that I didn't need to select that if I wanted to apply the scaling to all models.  Now I have it selected and have given scaling to specific models, which does work.  The TWS% optimization doesn't work regardless.  I still get the same result for every wind speed adjustment.

     •Thread Starter
 

6/28/2022 5:38 pm  #4


Re: Scaling Winds and/or TWS% optimization not working

Sorry, that wasn't quite what I meant.

If you don't have the per model option selected, it will use the 'Scale 10m wind%' option. It works as expected here.

The Tws% button to route over a range of tws percentages works as expected too.

This is all with the currrent release.

Last edited by Nick (6/28/2022 5:41 pm)

 

Board footera




Check out RaceData for iOS and Android. Expedition data in the palm of your hand, or on your wrist! RaceData

Interested in advertising here? Over one thousand active navigators and Expedition users visit this forum. Click here to contact the administrator.