Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/12/2022 4:40 am  #1

NO POSITION FIX / B&G

Prior to yesterday I would hardwire expedition to H5000 via the ethernet2USB dongle.  That connection failed for some reason and so I moved over to using the Wifi.  All good for most data with the notable exception being the position data is either not sent or not received.  Strange as other data is clearly making it over.  The setup includes a full B&G H5000 w/the GoFree wifi.  

Any thoughts appreciated.

6/12/2022 7:43 am  #2

Re: NO POSITION FIX / B&G

Did you look at System > Instruments > GPS source?
E

6/12/2022 7:49 am  #3

yes sir it is set to the H5k Websocket but receive nada.  

6/12/2022 11:26 am  #4

Sorry I can't help you more here
Try a Search on the forum for 'B&G' or 'websocket'
or maybe others can chime in
Ernie

6/12/2022 1:50 pm  #5

Does the connection page say open or closed? Can you see anythign in raw data?

6/12/2022 6:06 pm  #6

Yes the data comes through and the connection stays open.  Does it make sense to look at the sentences and see if positions are in there?  Is there any reason position would be held back by B&G over the wireless?  It looks like I should resurrect either the Actisense or Websockets hardwire although neither is feeling happy.  I can get the Actisense to open but can't see any data.  The ethernet/usb dongle won't even open anymore so need to start troubleshooting those at the cable level.

6/12/2022 7:52 pm  #7

In general, the websocket should be used for a H5000 connection. Don't even try the GoFree wifi ...

For NMEA 0183 etc, yes you can look at the raw data window.

6/13/2022 3:06 am  #8

I have consistently never tried using the GoFree on the advise of many.  However it actually is broadcasting all data points with the exception of position which makes me wonder if this is a security feature.  The only reason I tried GoFree is the ethernet connection ceased functioning and I thought I'd try some options.  Will troubleshoot some more today.

Board footera