ExpeditionExpedition Navigation Software


Click Here for Expedition Assistant - AI Chatbot

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2022 4:37 am  #1


tidal data not showing after update

Hi, I have just updated to the latest version of Expedition and am no longer seeing tidal data. I have a Tidetech subscription and Winning Tides.

Initially (but see below) a Tidetech grib did appear to download (although not without its own oddities) and appeared in Settings > Weather data but with no tick in the box where you select a grib for display. If I add a tick, the system does not retain that: the grib does not show on the chart and when I go back into Settings > weather data, the grib is no longer ticked. 

To try and fix this, I checked my Tidetech account, changed my Tidetech API Key and restarted everything. Before doing this, the Tidetech dialogue box showed the usual tidal areas. Now, if I try to udpate the Tidetech areas, I get a message saying "Successfully updated Tidetech areas, but no areas were returned"

As I say, there also seems to be a problem with Winning Tides so I am guessing the problem lies with Expedition.

Can anyone help?

 

4/21/2022 12:02 pm  #2


Re: tidal data not showing after update

If the tick selection is cleared, it means Exp can not open it as a grib file.

You probably need to check your Tidetech key or account.

 

5/18/2022 10:50 am  #3


Re: tidal data not showing after update

Thanks. It was a Tidetech problem which is now fixed. Winning Tides is still not showing. Maybe that is a subscription problem too...

     •Thread Starter
 

5/18/2022 12:06 pm  #4


Re: tidal data not showing after update

Do you have Winning Tides selected on the tides settings page?

 

5/18/2022 12:07 pm  #5


Re: tidal data not showing after update

I do.

     •Thread Starter
 

5/18/2022 12:41 pm  #6


Re: tidal data not showing after update

Tidal Streams checked?

 

5/18/2022 12:56 pm  #7


Re: tidal data not showing after update

Thanks for following up. Yes, I have both Winning Tides checked in Tides and Tidal Streams checked in the "Display" dialogue box.  Sometimes, but not always, when I first open Expedition, the tides around the Solent flash up but then vanish. Zooming in and out or roaming around the chart doesn't make them reappear. For completeness, I don't have the "Hide" button checked on the weather tab. Tidetech tides do show up and C-Map currents show too (if toggled on). 

     •Thread Starter
 

5/18/2022 1:00 pm  #8


Re: tidal data not showing after update

And just experimenting with it now, with Tooltip on and hovering the cursor over the area, I am getting the numeric tide data but no arrows. I have checked the Current settings in Weather and these appear to be fine - and do work to show tidetech arrows but maybe I am still missing something... 

     •Thread Starter
 

5/18/2022 1:32 pm  #9


Re: tidal data not showing after update

Maybe email me with relevant images etc.

 

Board footera




Check out RaceData for iOS and Android. Expedition data in the palm of your hand, or on your wrist! RaceData

Interested in advertising here? Over one thousand active navigators and Expedition users visit this forum. Click here to contact the administrator.