Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/11/2022 11:59 pm  #11

Re: Digital Yacht iKonvert - configure

Nick

The iKonvert set to NMEA 2000, serial port set to Digital yacht raw, works well

Only issue I have noted so far is the need to calculate TWA

4/12/2022 3:41 pm  #12

We have learnt that a few recent NavLink2, 4GXtream and possibly iKonvert may have an unintentional output format issue.

This will be fixed in a future update, but I am just posting an update to Exp that resolves it for these cases.

8/06/2022 10:25 am  #13

Hi,

I am looking to connect Exp to my B&G NMEA 2K network using the DY iKonvert USB device.

First connection was with the dip switches in standard Gateway Mode. Power LED lit green and N2K flashed amber steadily. No data was in Exp though...

After reading this thread I flipped the 4 dip switches it 'on' for Raw Mode and made the changes in Exp's network settings. When powering up now I get green power LED, but nothing on the N2K LED and still nothing in Exp.

I guess that no flashing on the N2K means nothing is being seen by the iKonvert, so naturally nothing in Exp.

Any ideas on what to do next would be gratefully received!

8/06/2022 11:54 am  #14

You need to set the switches to the RAW mode.

Then select Digital Yacht RAW as the instrument type in Exp.

8/06/2022 12:08 pm  #15

Thanks Nick. That's the configuration I have at the moment.

The 4 dip switches are now in the 'on' position which is 'Raw' mode according to the manual. In this arrangement I no longer have the N2K LED flashing amber...

Last edited by Tigger_B (8/06/2022 12:11 pm)

8/06/2022 1:52 pm  #16

If you are receiving data, you will see it in the raw data window.

8/06/2022 2:31 pm  #17

Thanks again Nick. There is nothing appearing in the raw data window.

I was wondering if the N2K LED indicates the iKonvert is seeing the NMEA data - so the fact it's not flashing says that it isn't seeing any data in the raw mode? The yacht NMEA network looks to be working fine - all instruments, AIS, GPS etc. are displaying data as normal.

8/06/2022 2:57 pm  #18

Does the port say open or closed in Exp?

8/06/2022 11:31 pm  #19

In the pop up box that appears after clicking on Instruments from the menu bar, top left it says 'Network 0, Open'. If I understand correctly that means the port status?

8/06/2022 11:36 pm  #20

Just to try something different, I tried swapping the iKonvert to a different T connector on the NMEA backbone. Same LED indications - power but no N2K flashes... Does anyone know if I should expect the N2K LED to flash independently of the connection to the laptop / Exp?

Board footera