Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2022 2:14 am  #1

Zoom limit

Hi everyone,

I'm new with Expedition soft and I am currently setting all views. I am facing a zoom limit in all views except Pre-start and race views. For instance in Inshore view I can't zoom more than level B/4.

Can someone help me how to change this? Maybe a map setting?

Best regards,

4/08/2022 5:56 am  #2

Re: Zoom limit

FYI - I'm seeing the same thing.  I'm on a new computer and I am using ENC charts, but I can't zoom in more than 16:1 which means I can see any separation between finish marks.
Any ideas?  I'm on 11.15.4
Thanks
Steve

4/08/2022 11:28 am  #3

The 16x is a limit imposed by Exp. ENCs shouldnt' be used that zoomed in ...

C-Map. That will be a hard-coded limit in the charting. 4D?

4/10/2022 1:10 pm  #4

Hey thanks for answering. Although I don't reach 1:16 at all. I'm somewhere like 1:16000.
Is it because I don't have any nautical map loaded? I actually use Exp for inshore tactic races and don't really need chart display...
Best,

4/10/2022 1:23 pm  #5

Sorry I meant 16x and 1/16x.

Yes, the simple world chart and the C-Map one aren't meant for detailed work.

4/11/2022 6:53 am  #6

quick question,  what charts would be best for close-up work?   we have a virtual finish for a race but if you can't zoom in enough you may miss the finish.  this could be an issue with the chart I'm using because this is a finish in Mexico and i have not been able to find a good chart yet.
Thanks

4/11/2022 9:42 pm  #7

Steve wrote:

quick question,  what charts would be best for close-up work?   we have a virtual finish for a race but if you can't zoom in enough you may miss the finish.  this could be an issue with the chart I'm using because this is a finish in Mexico and i have not been able to find a good chart yet.
Thanks

If you create marks with the correct lat/lon and use mark range/bearing to navigate to them you should be able to use visual flight rules for the last mile or so if you cannot find a chart for Exp, and use the navionics app for example for pilotage.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

Board footera