Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/26/2021 5:48 am  #1

Scheduler?

I remember using the scheduler for getting position reports in a previous version a few years ago.., but can't figure it out in the current version

when i go to the scheduler.. i get an option to specify a folder to be monitored for position reports - i have selected expedition data> tracking.

but there is no clock or anything to schedule the downloads...

how do i schedule the downloads?

thanks

Last edited by us7070 (12/26/2021 5:49 am)

5/03/2022 7:59 pm  #2

Re: Scheduler?

Bumping this question.  I have the same question.  Is there a way to have Exp reach out and download the position file on some schedule?

5/03/2022 8:58 pm  #3

There isn't. It was just for YB Tracking and became obsolete when they make the JSON and xml formats available.

5/04/2022 4:33 am  #4

Sorry if this is a dumb question.  How does having JSON format available help me get updates automatically.  Does that require a 3rd party program to grab the JSON and write to specific directory?  Then have the scheduler monitor that folder?

5/04/2022 11:44 am  #5

It doesn't - it means that all the previous positions can be downloaded.

5/10/2022 9:01 am  #6

Got it.  Thanks.  The "JSON since" download is not working as I expected.  No matter what time I pick it just grabs the last position.   Would it be possible that the Since Date be auto selected to the latest date already saved.

5/10/2022 12:17 pm  #7

The Since function doesn't work. I have left it there in case it starts working at their end one day.

You need to select the number of positions to query.

5/11/2022 6:56 pm  #8

Thanks.  
I maybe mistaken but I thought I was able to see boat names on the tracked routes in the past.  Is there way to turn that feature on or am I misremembering and they are not available.

5/11/2022 7:12 pm  #9

They are. The positions are interpolated to the display time.

Last edited by Nick (5/12/2022 12:44 pm)

5/12/2022 7:06 am  #10

for the BN's try:Settings > Display > Boat > Name (tick)

If it doesn't pop right up : Sail > Race tracking > Sync (click)

If you turn Names off; advance the Weather > Display time a couple units and it will go out

Cheers,
Ernie

Board footera