Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/01/2020 6:21 am  #1

Exporting waypoints to H5000

Hi, being fairly new to expedition, you might have a solution to the problem I experienced last weekend.
After successfully creating optimal routing in Expedition for our practice race, I just wanted to export the waypoints to the H5000/Zeus3 plotter.
I used the Instrument tab in Expedition, and sent away the waypoints for the active route by using the Export to instrument button. Expedition shows the confirmation box, something like “Do you want to send this to B&G using websocket”.
No fault messages appears, but sadly no waypoints are found in the Zeus3 plotter.
What am I doing wrong?

7/01/2020 12:02 pm  #2

Re: Exporting waypoints to H5000

I believe that B&G have not enabled that feature, so you cannot export from Expedition to H5000/zeus etc. 

You could try export gpx and then import that file to Zeus via microSD

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

7/02/2020 12:30 am  #3

Thanks for the reply! I gave it a little try, but I didn’t get the import of the WP’s to the Zeus to work.
I spoke with the support team at B&G, and they hinted that it was a possibility for Expedition to develop a solution for the export, albeit not being able to visualize the WP on the plotter, the Zeus should still be able to receive the WP data.
I will continue with the gpx/SD solution, and try to get it to work. 
Thx!

9/10/2021 5:15 pm  #4

There is a discussion on this SA thread that brought up the ability to FTP directly to the Zeus / Vulcan display so the SD card doesn't need to be physically accessed.

I create the route in Expedition, then in the Edit Marks dialog box highlight the route and use the .gpx button to save the route on the PC.

Once saved, this file can be sent via an FTP client (Filezilla) to a chart plotter on the Ethernet network.  I use a hard wired Ethernet connection but this can also be done via WiFi.  You need to know the IP address for the chart plotter. I have a DHCP server that assigns addresses for each MAC on the network so there are predictable IP addresses.In the FTP client use Port 21 and Anonymous login.  The attached screenshot shows the FTP client window. As you can see, both SD card slots are visible on the FTP client.Using this method, I no longer need to remove the SD card to transfer the GPX files.B&G should include this information in their documentation!

9/10/2021 8:39 pm  #5

It would be possible to ftp from expedition, but I don't know if that would achieve much over your current solution.

Board footera