Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/24/2021 4:41 am  #1

connect to Zeus 3?

on a boat with a basic Triton 2 system - no Go Free/Wifi 1.., is it possible to make any kind of wireless connection between expedition and a Zeus 3?

7/24/2021 8:15 pm  #2

Re: connect to Zeus 3?

Does the Zeus not have Wifi?

7/25/2021 4:28 am  #3

Nick wrote:

yes - it does

i guess my question is; what kind of network data connection between expedition and the triton instrument system is going to be possible through the zeuss 3?

7/30/2021 12:37 am  #4

us7070 wrote:

Nick wrote:

yes - it does

i guess my question is; what kind of network data connection between expedition and the triton instrument system is going to be possible through the zeus 3?

NMEA0183 over TCP

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

7/30/2021 6:01 am  #5

I have connected to the Zeus 3 with both Websocket and NMEA0183...

7/31/2021 7:46 am  #6

IP address is usually 192.168.76.1 Port 10110.  As Campbell said NMEA0183

8/03/2021 3:25 am  #7

Campbell_Field wrote:

us7070 wrote:

Nick wrote:

yes - it does

i guess my question is; what kind of network data connection between expedition and the triton instrument system is going to be possible through the zeus 3?

NMEA0183 over TCP

Dumb question i guess- but just to be clear - i can't connect my laptop directly to a Zeus 3.., I have to have to create a network with a router, and put them both on to that network - right?

8/03/2021 4:12 am  #8

us7070 wrote:

Campbell_Field wrote:

us7070 wrote:

yes - it does

NMEA0183 over TCP

Dumb question i guess- but just to be clear - i can't connect my laptop directly to a Zeus 3.., I have to have to create a network with a router, and put them both on to that network - right?

Your Zeus should have 2 WIFI built in - one for creating a hotspot and one for being a client. You can use either one or both (IIRC).
The WIFI hotspot in the Zeus3 will function as a full hotspot and do DHCP etc...

Board footera