Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/02/2021 2:54 pm  #1

Show selected Mark on chart

Is there a way to select a mark in the mark management menu and show it on the chart (move focus to that area of the chart)

8/02/2021 4:31 pm  #2

Re: Show selected Mark on chart

Rich,
I don't know of any way to cause the chart focus to jump to a specific mark (unless it's where the boat is)

But there are a few things you can do to bring your attention to a Mark
you can Edit the Mark  to Always show
you can Edit a Mark to include a range circle around it at a diameter that will catch your attention
In Settings you can Tick Mark Names, Range Circles, and Highlight Mark and Route Text
All to bring more attention to a Mark

Also you can draw a Race Note around the Mark (it does not have to be set to Avoid)
You can set parameters for the Race Note for Fill, Colour, and Line width to bring your attention to the Mark

Some combo of these will usually suffice to act as attention getters for 'special' Marks

Cheers,
Ernie

8/02/2021 4:41 pm  #3

I'm reviewing marks and want to see where that mark is, it could be anywhere from Northern Maine to Rhode Island.  I'm looking for the ability to click on a mark and find it on the map and show it to me.  

8/02/2021 5:24 pm  #4

There isn't a simple way to go directly to the mark except some variation of Ernie's ideas sorry.

8/03/2021 3:30 am  #5

Thanks Nick, it would be a nice feature, if you are up one night bored

Board footera