Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/26/2021 8:13 am  #1

Interfacing Raymarine Axiom with Expedition through Wireless

New to the forum; I have a new Axiom 9 chartplotter.  It has a wireless channel that I can connect to using my Laptop which has Expedition Version 10 installed.  Are there instrument and network settings that I can use in Expedition to get NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 data passed from the Axiom and Seatalk into my Expedition running onboard on my laptop.   Screenshots would be great to make sure I get all the settings.
If NOT, then what additional interface unit do I need to connect with my laptop while sailing?
Thanks,
Scott (Capecodderer)

5/26/2021 1:28 pm  #2

Re: Interfacing Raymarine Axiom with Expedition through Wireless

Yes, if it sends NMEA 0183 data over wireless, you should be able to make a network connection to it.

Essentially you just need to make a network connection to it in Exp and select NMEA 0183 as the instrument type. It my be UDP or TCP, but that should be in your Raymarine user manual.

If you haven't seen the Expedition help, have a look at the sections on network connections and NMEA 0183.

Board footera