Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/15/2021 7:43 am  #1

Crash when I try to upload weather files from Great Circle

Following a re-install I connected my great Circle account did an initial grib dowload to make sure it was working fine which it was but now everytime I try to get any other grib files in I get the "Expedition Application has stopped working" message. I've tried deleting the weather files, rebooting, different weather files still no sucess. Any ideas?

5/15/2021 1:45 pm  #2

Re: Crash when I try to upload weather files from Great Circle

There was an issue recently with the GC server that could cause a problem with some passwords.

I made a workaround, so it is now fixed.

Check you are using the latest version and that the password is correct.

5/17/2021 7:23 am  #3

Thanks Nick when I re-entered the password that appears to have fixed the issue.

5/21/2021 3:56 am  #4

One thing I noticed - if you have the wrong password set, the GC downloader will crash Expedition. Happened for me with 11.8.6, 11.9.4, 11.9.5 until I reentered password and it started working.

5/21/2021 1:30 pm  #5

I've been testing that and only get a bad login or password returned.

5/25/2021 5:27 am  #6

Though a bit of trial an error, I reproduced it as follows:

1) Completely clean Expedition 11.9.5 install (including clearing out Expedition entries in the windows registry)
2) Select area, Great Circle
3) Enter username/password
4) Update Models
5) Download (without selecting and models) - will come up with the no models selected error
6) Cancel
7) Select area, Great Circle
8) Select Model
9) Download -> Crashes now

To recover from the above - reenter correct username & password and everything starts working again.

Step 5) & 6) from a clean install seem to be the key issues here. (ie: if we don't cancel, but select a model it will work), if you cancel without doing step 5), then when you reopen username/password aren't populated and you need to enter them, so can't go straight to selecting model & download.

A complete edge case problem that hopefully folk will be able to avoid, now that its described.

5/25/2021 1:44 pm  #7

Thank you. I have replicated and will post a fix in the next hour.

Last edited by Nick (5/25/2021 3:35 pm)

5/28/2021 11:47 pm  #8

Just picking gribs for today's race and now expedition is asking me if Cmaps manager is loaded and won't load! Any help will be appreciated or its paper charts!

5/31/2021 11:00 am  #9

I had the same issue on on of my systems --- had to wipe and rebuild exp to get it to recover... :-/

5/31/2021 1:42 pm  #10

With most C-Map 4D issues, the normal fix seems to be to reinstall/repair the C-Map Maps Manager.

Board footera