Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/12/2021 5:41 am  #1

Expedition closes unexpectedly

New installation so this is probably something really simple.  I have Expedition running on Windows 10 with an NGT-1 feeding NMEA data to and from the PC - I am returning target boat speed etc to the Garmin devices on the NMEA2000 network.  I am using C-Map Max charts.  Expedition shuts down after 10-20 mins.  There does not seem to be an error message, and I can't find anything in the logs to suggest why it is doing it.

Now it's not on the boat it's stable.

Any help on where to start looking gratefully received.

5/12/2021 1:51 pm  #2

Re: Expedition closes unexpectedly

The first thing I do is make sure it is the latest release (currently 11.9.3).

The next step is normally the Expedition System restore app included with Exp.

5/14/2021 6:42 am  #3

This is probably not your issue.., but i'll mention it anyway

i had an NGT-1 that seemed to be working fine with expedition.

then i changed my win10 user account to require a password - so i could use RDP, which requires that the remote user enter a password.., RDP won't work if the win 10 user acct has no password.

after doing that, expedition started shutting down - usually after a few seconds

I reinstalled the NGT-1 driver, and for now everything seems fine again - i still have the win 10 user password

I don't know.., but it might be that the NGT-1 driver installation is sensitive to win 10 settings

did you change anything after installing the NGT-1 driver?

6/07/2021 11:14 pm  #4

Thanks for responses.  This issue seems to have gone away.  I think it was either a driver issue or something else to do with a serial port clash between NGT-1 and a NMEA0183 GPS, or possibly wireless mouse.  Anyway, re-installing drivers and fiddling has done the trick.

Board footera