Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2021 6:21 pm  #1

Routing solutions on different machines.

I'm routing an upcoming race.  Using the same polars, same weather download and parameters, same marks and same start time, I consistently get two different solutions.  The delta is only 4 minutes and change, but scanning through the solution I note there are different time stamps, up to a minute difference.  TWS can be a tenth different and TWD can be a degree different.

I presume this as being a machine processing issue.  Has anyone else come across this or am I missing something very basic?

3/01/2021 6:41 pm  #2

Re: Routing solutions on different machines.

Is it the same version of Expedition? There have ben various upgrades to the routing over recent months.

If the same, there will be something different in the setup.

3/01/2021 8:15 pm  #3

Both versions are 11.8.1.

I cannot find the set up difference. But, I am sure you are correct.

3/01/2021 10:17 pm  #4

I'd look for differences in PC configuration, basic things like the definition of Windows timestamps, regional settings and the like.  The other possibility is rounding error in the polars driven by different iterations of Windows 10?  I'll be intrigued to see if you can find the difference.
And I don't think 4 minutes is going to corrupt your routing .

3/03/2021 2:35 pm  #5

Well, I still have not resolved the difference.  Spending time in race prep. But, I think it has something to do with the machines clock on my older laptop. Will get back on it after the race.

3/03/2021 5:39 pm  #6

I very much doubt it is computer related. Certainly it will be settings or data differences somewhere.

Board footera