ExpeditionExpedition Navigation Software


Click Here for Expedition Assistant - AI Chatbot

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/27/2016 1:14 pm  #1


best way to enter multiple similar courses ?

best way to enter courses like this ? 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154493284931664&set=a.454010616663.227866.542601663&type=3&theater

I've got the SFBAY YRA marks in a folder with temporary mark for the committee boat in a separate unlocked folder. The Sailing Instructions call out sequences for 13 variations of course they can choose. 

https://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=IC_T001202938&DOC=si&TYP=pdf 
(the Estuary courses are even worse: http://www.oaklandyachtclub.net/index.cfm?ID=141&Download=%281%5B%2257B%26%2CQ%3D%28%20%0A&f=135) 

Is there a means to set default rounding side by course for all marks? 
On a multiple use mark, how do I set rounding side for subsequent roundings? (detail view only shows one) 
Not seeing where I can duplicate courses and then edit? 
(nor a place to enter the number of laps? ) 

is there an efficient export/edit/import table format that includes roundings? 
Can the import reference the stored marks and look up by mark name, (It appears that GPX requires Lat/Long, it looks like the Cowes format can do this, but needs 2 character mark names)


 

Last edited by sheldon.haynie (4/27/2016 1:57 pm)


Semiconductor Development Engineer, Retired Viticulturalist, Occasional sailor
"Lioness" 1962 Hinckley Bermuda 40 Custom Yawl
 

4/27/2016 7:35 pm  #2


Re: best way to enter multiple similar courses ?

If you have a gpx file, that helps importing them

 

4/28/2016 8:23 am  #3


Re: best way to enter multiple similar courses ?

Nick, 

I already imported the 50 or so marks, using a csv format. I'm not finding success in importing courses, I can export active course to gpx open in excel, as an xml spreadsheet,  copy/paste/edit save, rename to .gpx, and then on import there's a dialog box that shows success, but no new course(s) show in the mark management popup. 

For what its worth, I am trying this on an unlicensed copy running in my office, as it has multiple screens, and better connectivity. My licensed copy is on my macbook/bootcamp. 

S

Last edited by sheldon.haynie (4/28/2016 8:39 am)


Semiconductor Development Engineer, Retired Viticulturalist, Occasional sailor
"Lioness" 1962 Hinckley Bermuda 40 Custom Yawl
     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera




Check out RaceData for iOS and Android. Expedition data in the palm of your hand, or on your wrist! RaceData

Interested in advertising here? Over one thousand active navigators and Expedition users visit this forum. Click here to contact the administrator.