Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2020 6:31 am  #11

Re: Vendee Globe - YB tracking - race name for download

Manual position entry is tiresome.  With YB reports private, has someone come up with a better way to get VG positions into Exp? 

11/13/2020 5:48 am  #12

I have import working in expedition using the "expedition" format in Sail > Tracking

for those of you that are long-time expedition users, this is the format we used for YB before the automated import. It uses the boatid.csv file, which i have made.

I can't post files here so i will probably post them over at SA in a bit

basically- i have an excel template into which you paste the ranking file.., then you do several excel operations and can save a sched.csv file that can be imported. takes 3 or 4 min.

the key thing is that the ordering in the ranking file changes from one update to the next, but we have to make the sched file match the boatid file.

I think Nick might soon make available an exp version that lets us get away with fewer excel operations before saving the sched file.

11/16/2020 2:36 pm  #13

Speeds on all these seem way to slow.

11/17/2020 10:54 am  #14

This may be of use - Vendee-Scaper

https://github.com/Littlechay/vendee-scraper

Many thanks to the author.

11/21/2020 1:53 am  #15

12/07/2020 10:40 am  #16

Hi everybody;
I've created a race note for the Antarctic Exclusion Zone (v2). If someone is interested in having it, I am happy to share via email. 

Nico

12/07/2020 10:17 pm  #17

Thanks.

I hadn't thought of an exclusion zone that completely encircled Antarctica (we only ever did one leg at a time), so recently updated Exp to support that for another user.

Board footera