Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/05/2020 12:23 am  #1

Editing number boxes by touch in tablet mode

Is there a way to quickly edit number boxes in tablet mode? With a standard PC/ a mouse I can simply right click a number box and edit the value/boat/damping/color, but in tablet mode I can’t. My guess was using a long push, like I always do to right click, but nothing happens. I can drag the boxes and I can get the top number box menu from where I can access settings for all number boxes and edit them, but using a tablet it’s a very detailed list to navigate to the correct box and change the boat for example.

Am I “clicking in the wrong way”? Or is the quick edit a mouse only feature?

11/05/2020 7:34 am  #2

Re: Editing number boxes by touch in tablet mode

Hi, I have always had the same issue with tablets, and am mindful to be well set up before using the tablet.

However you can use a mouse emulator program to turn your touch screen into a touch pad. There are a few options out there, none of them perfect - I use one (cannot recall the name right now) that I can toggle on and off as required and only use it when I need it.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

11/05/2020 7:57 am  #3

Thanks! I found a build in "touch pad" in windows 10 - it works even if it's not the most user friendly windows function I've seen =)

Strange though that I can use a long press on the chart to trigger the right click event for the chart but not on the number boxes. My windows pen and touch settings are set to use a long press for right click without the touch pad.

11/05/2020 10:47 am  #4

It is a different Windows message.

I have changed Exp for the next update to use the same message which should/may resolve the issue.

11/05/2020 11:19 am  #5

Super Nick - thanks!

Board footera