Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/02/2020 5:33 am  #1

Multiple network connections?

I’ve been using a Yacht Device N2K to wifi gateway through my LTE/4G router as my main source of data for a long time (UDP over Network 0). However I just bought an H5000 processor and linked it to the router with WebSocket, which will be my future main source. However I read it could be wise to get AIS/GPS data from the N2K network rather than from the WebSocket connection.

Is there a way to keep my Yacht Device gateway for AIS/GPS cuming in via UDP and use the H5000 via WebSocket for everything else and still have it all over wifi from the router? I can only see one ”Network 0”, do I have to choose one over the other (UDP/WebSocket)? If so what is the best way to get AIS data over wifi? 

11/02/2020 6:16 am  #2

Re: Multiple network connections?

I just found the "Number of networks connections" setting - I'll give it a try as soon as I'm back on the boat!

11/02/2020 2:20 pm  #3

Re: Multiple network connections?

As in the other thread, you will want to tell Exp not to use data from the Wifi that you get from the H5000.

You need the gateway for AIS as the H5000 doesn't pass on AIS data.

Board footera