Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/26/2020 8:05 am  #1

ACTISENSE NGT-1

Hi. We are using antisense ngt-1 (usb) to receive GPS (only gps) data to expedition. Great improve from ethernet. Could I use it to send data to garmin displays like distancebelowline? Should i use the ethernet connection ( sailmon connection to pc ) for it?

10/26/2020 1:22 pm  #2

Re: ACTISENSE NGT-1

You can send almost any Expedition data to the Garmin custom channels with the NGT-1.

10/27/2020 11:01 pm  #3

=12pxthanks and hi again!! If i send a value via actisense ngt1 like tws with a display precision of 1 on an external channel to a gnx120 garmin display everything works well but if i send an alternating channel (prestart->below line, Upwind:TWS) precision value is not working well. In my case always displays values with 2 decimals when should be displaying 1.

10/27/2020 11:10 pm  #4

Unfortunately, we don't have any control over the precision displayed on the GNX displays.

10/28/2020 8:57 am  #5

Gonzgo,
I discovered this year that the GMI 20 will only display a limited list of data items,  even some items available from the GPSMAP 742xs will not display on the GMI 20...
I thought any output from the GPSMAP would be able to be displayed on the GMI but not so.
That may be your problem and a call to Garmin may answer more exactly.
Ernie

10/29/2020 12:45 am  #6

Thanks. In fact this is a problem of number of decimals of a data value.
If I send it like a custom channel via custom or external expedition channel works perfectly but when this same data value is send via an exp alternating channel the precision (number of decimals) change by any reason. 

10/29/2020 1:30 am  #7

I will investigate tomorrow ...

10/29/2020 1:18 pm  #8

I can confirm we don't have any control over the decimal places.

For example, if I send TWS, it has two decimal places, whether sent as TWS or via an alternating channel.

10/30/2020 2:21 am  #9

Thanks.

10/22/2021 12:37 am  #10

Some advance about this ?
Is it possible to control number of decimals sent to a GNX display from expedition via custom channels?
It is very frustating ( at least to me) seeing TWS,BelowLine,... with two decimals. 
Maybe should I contact with Garmin?

Board footera