Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/23/2020 7:51 am  #1

Squid Download broken(?) in 11.4.2

Hi,

I might just be me but I get a 'Grib Download Error' dialog reporting a 'Bad Request' and there is a 'Syntax error or a required argument is missing'. Downloading via the squid application works fine. Asking Exp to update models also generates an error reporting an 'Unintelligible request. Unable to obtain data.'

Anyone else seeing this?

Tom

10/23/2020 10:29 am  #2

Re: Squid Download broken(?) in 11.4.2

Yes, same thing this morning with v11.4.2
Ernie

10/23/2020 11:19 am  #3

It seems ok here. Have you checked your password?

One thing we found last week is that the password can't have a reserved character in it (especially '?'). This is fixed for the next update.

10/23/2020 11:44 am  #4

I just had a report it happened with the JPEG compression option selected, but that seems ok here.

I still think the most likely problem is an incorrect password.

10/23/2020 4:39 pm  #5

The JPEG tik box may have been a red herring.
I just tried it both way and it worked fine.  Maybe it was a problem at Squid???

Ernie

10/24/2020 1:00 am  #6

Unlikely to be Pwd, I don’t think I’ve ever changed it for squid and it’s free of special characters (hardly an exercise in good infosec!). I’ll have another go later when I get back to my laptop and report back. If it’s a squid issue it’s odd that their application worked fine for the download.

Tom

10/24/2020 5:56 am  #7

I re-entered the password and all was well. Strange that it has somehow got corrupted, but an easy fix. Thanks Nick.

Tom

Board footera