Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/06/2020 6:08 pm  #1

Congratulations!

It's been just 5 years since the forum started, so Happy Birthday!

Congratulations to Nick and his team and especially all the Experts and Members who really keep this incredible forum going!

Cheers and Best Regards to all!
Ernie

10/06/2020 10:13 pm  #2

Re: Congratulations!

Thanks Ernie. What happened to the years?

10/07/2020 4:04 am  #3

Re: Congratulations!

Ernie

Thanks for noticing! 5 years of great information, great questions and great support from Nick.

I set this up on a whim after chatting with Nick and noting his reluctance to deal with spammers, hackers and trolls, but acknowledging the need for a source of wisdom on the tool. 
Expedition is a complex piece of software and expertise in it is widely distributed around the globe.  By setting up the forum we created an opportunity to ask questions, suggest solutions and help each other. 
Nick's continuing presence and daily responses means that we get great support without deluging him with email.  

While I often wish the forum had more features, better search and admin controls, I'm limited by the boardhost platform.  But I think it fulfills its purpose well.  

I get multiple attempted registrations by trolls and spammers daily but the email verification mechanism keeps them at bay for the most part. 

Thanks to Ernie, Nick, Campbell, unplugged, sheldon.haynie, us7070, DuncanR, ZeeZee and others for your regular posts.  I note that Nick alone has posted 1656 times!

Fergal (Admin)

Board footera