Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2020 5:29 am  #1

Bahamas Charts

I am very new to this....

We are going to do the SORC Nassau Race next month and it seems that we will need to purchase a C-Map Chart. The C-Map website is a little confusing as it does not list Expedition. Can anyone tell me which chart to buy(Max, Max-N, Max-N+)? There is a huge price difference in these...

Thank you for any information or experience that you can share?

Bill

10/04/2020 8:53 am  #2

Re: Bahamas Charts

Bill 

Presuming you are using Expedition 4D (which you should be), then you will find an option under Charts for CMap.  Clicking there will launch the CMAP manager showing Store and My Maps.  If you click on Store you can quickly pan to the Bahamas and locate the charts you need.  Select 'local' to view available charts.  It looks like NA-D943.48 is the one you need.  $219.  It will download and organise it all when you purchase.

Fergal.

10/04/2020 1:04 pm  #3

Thank you. I am not using 4D.

10/04/2020 2:17 pm  #4

It is a little more complicated with the MAX charts.

If you aren't already using MAX charts for legacy reasons, the 4D charts are a better option.

For MAX charts, you really need to go through a reseller.

Lat should be able to set you up, else any of the other Expedition resellers such as Selig can arrange them for you.

10/12/2020 1:16 pm  #5

Any other ideas? I find it hard to believe that I cannot simply buy the chart from C-Map.

10/12/2020 3:26 pm  #6

You can for the 4D charts.

Else, you can get the old MAX charts from a reseller as above.

Board footera