Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/27/2020 2:44 am  #1

(routing) Starting between XX:00 and YY:00

Hi

(I still don't have Expedition Navigation Software. These are questions before purchase)

It seems that this feature exists on Adrena Software but I'm starting to prefer to buy Expedition Navigation Software :

Can I indicate a route to Expedition Navigation Software (some waypoints, from A to B) and ask «my starting is between 08:00am and 06:00pm», then the software calculate many routing each 30 minutes (configurable) and finally show me an sheet with a line each 30 minutes and in columns :
- departure time
- travel time
- arriving time
- GWS max
- GWS min
- GWS average
- AWS max

- AWS min
- AWS average
- maybe AWA average (or other something like this to know if most of the time will be Close-hauled or Beam-Reach or Broad-Reach)
- wave height max
- wave height min 

- wave height average
- CAPE max
- CAPE min
- CAPE average
maybe duration of engine use during the trip (if I choose not to dot 100% sailing)

So in few seconds I can decide when I prefer to do my departure.
(much more efficient than manually routing every X minutes ... every time a new GRIB arrives! ... Actually I do this and it's not quite pleasant)

Does Expedition Navigation Software offer this feature?

Thanks for your answer :-)

9/27/2020 12:39 pm  #2

Re: (routing) Starting between XX:00 and YY:00

Yes.

9/27/2020 1:15 pm  #3

Re: (routing) Starting between XX:00 and YY:00

It might be worth downloading Expedition. 

We can give you a temporary key that will let you explore all the features of Expedition.

Then, if you want to learn Expedition, I definitely recommend Will Oxley's ebooks. They really are very good. Links on the Expedition resources web page.

Board footera