Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/24/2020 9:40 am  #1

Advanced WindPlot

Hi.

(I have not Expedition Nav Software)

I would like to watch a "WindPlot", something like this with GWD and GWS (or TWS), but with dotted lines that would be the weather forecast (having previously chosen GFS or WRF or other on computer).

Ideally I would like to see this graph outside on a display (B&G? else ?) send by Expedition Nav Software, but at least I would like to see it directly on the computer screen.

Does Expedition Navigation Software offer this feature ?

9/24/2020 1:30 pm  #2

Re: Advanced WindPlot

I hadn't thought of that, but it would be trivial to add to the wind plot window.

9/24/2020 1:41 pm  #3

Nick wrote:

I hadn't thought of that, but it would be trivial to add to the wind plot window.

I think you understood the point: at a quick glance at the windplot graph it is possible to know if the weather forecast is early, or late, or correct, or totally wrong, or underestimated, or overestimated, etc etc.

One could even imagine adding complexity to the WindPlot graph: for example in gray over a large area the GWD & GWS measurement, and in yellow dotted line the weather forecast X, in red dotted line the weather forecast Y, in blue dotted line the forecast weather forecast Z. At a glance you can easily understand what is happening. Saving time and efficiency. Of course, this remains a "decision aid" and not a function that we follow with our eyes closed. But in a situation of great fatigue (and stress? And difficulty in thinking clearly?) This can be an interesting supplement. And as you say, it doesn't seem technically complicated to me to set up such a graphics function.

(sorry for my bad English. I'm French , and google translator help me ;-) )

9/24/2020 1:44 pm  #4

I don't think there is any particular difficulty for all of this to be displayed on the computer screen.

On the other hand, this subject of "dotted lines" (one or several different simultaneous colors) sent by the software so that it can be displayed on a B&G display, here on the other hand I do not know if the frames are intended for that. This point seems complex to me (but I may be wrong).

9/24/2020 1:49 pm  #5

Your English is better than my 35 year old French.

It isn't possible to send plots to B&G displays.

9/24/2020 1:52 pm  #6

Nick wrote:

(...)
It isn't possible to send plots to B&G displays.

Then this feature will be on the Expedition Navigation software.

My question is: Does this feature already exist? (I seem to have understood that you are implying "no").

And if the feature doesn't exist, do the developers of the Expedition navigation software read this forum and get inspired by the requests?

9/24/2020 2:07 pm  #7

The grib line isn't on the wind plot, but I am looking at it just now. It is a trivial thing to add.

Board footera