Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/22/2020 3:05 am  #1

Garmin Nautix and Beat COG

Hi.

I haven't purchased Expedition Software yet.
I watch the product called GARMIN NAUTIX (ask Google ;-) ) and I imagine that Nautix can show me "Beat TWA" (or "Beat COG") send by Expedition Software.

I know that this function can be sent by Adrena Software to B&G or NKE display.
I think that this function can be sent by Expedition Software to B&G or NKE display.
I saw Expedition Software is partner with Garmin.
So, is Garmin Nautix can display "Beat COG" send by Expedition Software ?

Thanks for your answer
(and sorry for my bad English and possible mistakes....)

9/22/2020 3:42 am  #2

Re: Garmin Nautix and Beat COG

You can see a discussion about sending Expedition data to the Garmin network and displays here: https://www.fieldyachting.com/question-and-answer/networking/h5000-vs-garmin-expedition-for-live-performance-data

As to whether Garmin makes the custom channels available to the HUD is a question for Garmin.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

9/22/2020 12:02 pm  #3

Yes, you can send almost any Expedition data to Garmin GNX120/130 and GMI20 displays and newer GPSMAP plotters over NMEA 2000.

You can also send Quatix 5, Quatix 6, MARQ Captain, MARQ American Magic watches via an ANT connection from a GPSmap plotter.

9/22/2020 3:09 pm  #4

I have spoken to Garmin and unfortunately very few people bought the Nautix, so development ceased and it didn't get as far as being able to support the custom Garmin data.

Unfortunately, I believe the product has been discontinued.

9/23/2020 12:13 am  #5

Thank you very much for your answers :-)

9/23/2020 2:38 am  #6

Nick, would you also ask Garmin about using the custom channels on the Quatix smartwatches using the GNT 10 app and the GNT-10 N2K to ANT adapter?

Board footera