Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/27/2020 2:50 am  #1

Bsp overread

Hi. Occasionally my bsp through Expedition goes bananas. Suddenly it can read 5-6 kt over the actual speed. After a while it turns to correct numbers.
The bsp over the nk2 network is correct so it must be somewhere in Expedition or in the Actisense NGT-1 translation. First I thought it was the bsp calibration the messed things up but even with the cals ticked off the numbers are wrong. 
Any ideas where to look to correct it?

I don´t know if its connected but during the startsequence we send Time to gun, time to burn and distance below line to our GNX 120 displays via a custom channel and alternating channels. Time to gun always works fine but TT burn and distance below line randomly disappears. 
I always keep Expedition updated. The network is nk2 with Actisense NGT-1

Last edited by Tobias (8/27/2020 2:53 am)

8/27/2020 2:58 am  #2

Re: Bsp overread

Presumably you don't have any bsp calibration options selected in Exp?

Could it be a second bsp in the N2 system? You can tell Exp which node to use as the bsp source.

8/27/2020 3:30 am  #3

When i connect to the network i only have 2 slots showing in the instrument options. Comport Actisense and a network connection to Ventus. I don´t have mutiple speed transducerers.

I don´t have ant other calibrations for bsp (is there other options for calibrating bsp in Exp?). 
I also calibrate Leeway, Heel, twd and acceleration

8/27/2020 4:29 am  #4

Tobias -- as far as sources go - your system may have two sources -- one directly from the instrument and one processed and calibrated from the "computer" in your system. B&G has this were you can talk directly to the paddle wheel or the "Computer" can send you it's version of BSP where it might correct for heel and apply dampening etc. depending on how you have it configured.

Depending on your setup you instruments might be showing you a damped calibrated number while exp might be getting data directly from the paddle wheel which could be airating or over reading for other reasons.

Board footera