Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/18/2020 7:43 am  #1

eGrip area Login

Hi,
I tried to get some "eGrip area" data.
Getting always the answer "Username or Password is incorrect".
I'm taking this User & PW, that I successfully use, when logging in to expeditionmarine. 
(I had to divide the link, I'm not allowed to post links!)
So - what to do to get eGrpe area data?
Sincerely 
Chris

7/18/2020 7:45 am  #2

Re: eGrip area Login

I was'n allowed to write htt ps ://  www . expeditionmarine . com. But this was, what I wanted to say....

Last edited by C.Fuhrmann (7/18/2020 7:46 am)

7/18/2020 1:45 pm  #3

Hello,
You need to set up a (free) user account on the Expedition web site to get the eGrib data. The web server will then send you a confirmation email.

https://www.expeditionmarine.com/

7/20/2020 10:43 am  #4

As I wrote up in my first post, I can successfully login to the expeditionmarine.com website in a browser. But I can't get eGrip area out of Expedition program on my computer...

Any more ideas? 

7/20/2020 1:51 pm  #5

Hello,
I presume you mean eGrib?
To download an area, select the eGrib area button on Expedition's weather data panel, then left-click on an area of the chart and drag to select an area. Exactly as you would with Saildocs or Squid.
You will then get a window of options.

7/20/2020 2:48 pm  #6

I have just checked the security logs. You have 8 failed login errors. Are you using the correct user-name and password?

Last edited by Nick (7/20/2020 9:49 pm)

7/21/2020 11:03 am  #7

Hi Nick,
Thanks for your help.
I tried: I logged out in www.expedition.com and logged in again with password in cache.
Worked fine.
I tried to get "eGrip area" and took the same password - out of the cache. So I'm shure it was exactely the same. No succeess! (User or password wrong...)
Any more ideas?
Best greetings 
Chris Fuhrmannn

7/21/2020 12:41 pm  #8

Hello,

Almost certainly it will be a username or password issue. I see there has been another failed login.

Maybe email Marc or me directly.

Last edited by Nick (7/21/2020 1:04 pm)

7/29/2020 5:38 am  #9

Hello again,
I tried another way: I changed my password in expeditionmarine.com and then tried it  again: SUCCESS! I Got data with eGrip area!
Thanks for your help. Maybe there was any difference in the DB.? Or my password was to complicated?  So what - now it works!

7/29/2020 12:34 pm  #10

That is good news.

Board footera