Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2016 10:01 pm  #1

Expedition does not see default email app for registration

When I try to request  a license key for this new machine on windows 10 pro,  expedition cannot find the default mail app.  I do have the windows mail app working and listed as default​I sent a manual email to the dealer with the code on the opening screen. Also it cannot find the email app for saildocs  emails Help!!

4/10/2016 11:14 am  #2

Re: Expedition does not see default email app for registration

It doesn't work with all email apps. 
 Yes, just send the code it gives you (no screen shots please) to your reseller.

4/12/2016 9:35 pm  #3

did the direct way,
But you may want to know it appears to be a problem with what it get as default email from windows.
Would not work with  Window( microsoft) nor the Yahoo app with them set as default.

This is also showing as a problem in requesting Saildocs  with the email button.  Get same "no default email set" message.
Thanks
PS can you tell me a mail app it does work with in the newer windows versions.. 8, 10.  Never had the problem with XP or 7.

Last edited by jackever (4/12/2016 9:37 pm)

4/13/2016 2:46 pm  #4

Exp uses MAPI for the email. I do know some email apps don't support it (eg SailMail).
 ​It does work well with Outlook, Outlook Express/Windows Live Mail etc. I've made a change recently so Exp warns if it can't find a MAPI compliant client. 

Board footera