Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/03/2020 6:48 pm  #1

Populating Data

Data doesn't seem to get populated into the database.  I find Lat/Long but can't find data like BS, TWS, TWD, heading, COG, etc.  What do i need to adjust?

7/03/2020 7:21 pm  #2

Re: Populating Data

Can you be more specific? Do you mean saving tests or logging data?

7/06/2020 10:37 am  #3

Nick, The system doesn't seem to log in data like BS, TWS, TWD HDG, COG, in the excel spreadsheets or access databases.  I've explored current as well as archived files.  No doubt user error, so please be patient.  
Michael

7/06/2020 1:17 pm  #4

Do you see eg BSP in a number box?

For logged data, do you have 'Log boats' selected on the User settings page?

7/06/2020 1:34 pm  #5

I have BSP and the others in number boxes.
I didn't have Log Boats selected.  When I checked it I got this message.
Unable to create the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Expedition\Expedition\Log Folder, stopping logging.

7/06/2020 2:07 pm  #6

Expedition can't write to program files 

The Expedition data folder must have been changed to point to this.

Solution: Go to the Expedition Files settings page and click the 'Default' or 'All defaults' button. This will reset the data folder back to C:\ProgramData\Expedition

7/06/2020 3:59 pm  #7

i wondered about that.  My research showed it, but i didn't know how i set it that way.  it's several years ago.  should i move all the files to the new directory you indicated?  Or leave them?

7/06/2020 4:10 pm  #8

All the files in program files\expedition should be the ones Expedition installed, so don't move anything.

7/06/2020 4:43 pm  #9

On that page Settings:Files all the entries are the default ones.  Where it's different is User:Boat Logging.  

7/06/2020 4:45 pm  #10

Sorry, I forgot about that one. Leave it as the default (not a user defined folder).

Board footera